Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

An Attitude of Gratitude

November1

Wow!  It is November already!  I can not believe how quickly the year is flying by.  November is a very important month in many ways.  We will spend time in class being grateful for the many things and people we have in our lives.  This month, each students will  record 5 things they are grateful for each day in his or her agenda.  November is the perfect time to develop an attitude of gratitude.  Each night students will list five things or people they are grateful for having in their lives.  I would like for this to take on a very meaningful tone and to keep away from silly entries, but sometimes we really are grateful for a TV show or pizza!  At the beginning of each day, I will walk around and check to see that they have completed their assignment. and at the end of the month each student will be given a social studies project grade for completing this task.   This is to be done even over weekends and days off from school.  I am hoping that at the end of the month students will develop an appreciation for all the wonderful things and people in their lives.   

One of the ways we show our appreciation is by doing things for others.  On November 12th we will be participating in World Run Day.  On this day thousands of others will be running to express their gratitude for fitness and healthy living.  We are also collecting money to be donated to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization.  Collection sheets are due back on Wednesday, November 7th.  All students who raise $15 or more will receive a t-shirt and the top 10 collectors will participate in a pizza party.  Wear comfy clothes and running shoes on November 12th (our first day break after our long weekend) and be ready to run!  This event will take place outside so dressing in layers might be a good idea.  See the movie below for more information.  FYI in the movie it says World Run Day is the 11th, due to that being a Sunday we are participating on the 12th!

by posted under Fitness | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar