Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

Back To School Night Info and Objectives for 9/16-9/20

September14

Happy Saturday!  I am a day early with our objectives post because Mr. Sinone surpised me with Eagles tickets for tomorrow’s game!  How lucky is that!  So instead of posting after a long day of cheering on the birds, I am spending my Saturday afternoon planning for another AWESOME week. 

cell phone

Want to be kept up to date on due dates, important upcoming events, and other room 11 news?  Register for Remind101 and receive text message alerts from Mrs. Sinone to stay up to date.  Registering is easy!  Text @mrssino to 856-776-7166.  Once you’ve done this you will receive text messages whenever important events or due dates are coming up! 

Back to School Night will be this Tuesday, September 17th.  Please come out and meet our critters, visit our classroom, and of course earn your child a FREE HOMEWORK PASS!

Our Learning Goals for this week:

Math:

Monday:  Review multiplication properties and multiplication and division fact families for Tuesday’s Test.  See last week’s lesson links if you’d like to review at home as well.

Tuesday:  Topic 1 Test

Wednesday:  Students will be reviewing place value into the hundred thousands.  Lesson 3-1

Thursday:  Students will be able to understand that each place value position is related to the others.  For example the tens place is ten times as many as the ones place.  Lesson 3-2

Friday:  Students will be able to compare numbers into the hundren thousands.  Lesson 3-3

Language Arts:

This week we will be working with determining the main idea and supporting details of a story.  We will also be working to determine the author’s purpose for writing.  The slide shows below will help you to review these skills at home with your child.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar