Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

Monday Begins Our Chocolate Touch Unit! It’s Going to be Sweet!

December1

I hope you and your families enjoyed a relaxing Thanksgiving and you got some good deals for those of you brave enough to go shopping on Black Friday.  I enjoyed every minute of time with my family eating delicious food, decorating the house (the day after Thanksgiving of course!), and picking out and cutting down our Christmas tree.  Although I was busy this weekend, I made sure to get my plans done for the coming week.  I am so excited to start our novel study of The Chocolate Touch this week.  So that you can follow along with what we are doing in class, I have created educreations lessons with the vocabulary words for each chapter, comprehension questions, and a narration of the story by yours truly.  Enjoy!  Here are this weeks goals and objectives:

Math:

This week we will be review factors, multiples, prime and composite numbers and beginning to work with equivalent fractions.  The video below will help you to review at home:

Recognizing prime numbers: Recognizing Prime Numbers

This link will help to understand the concept of equivalent fractions.   Fractions by Math is Fun

Reading:

Monday- We will be starting our Chocolate Touch Adventure today with chapter 1:

Tuesday we will cover chapter 2:

Wednesday we will be reading chapter 3:

Thursday we will be reading chapter 4:

And finally on Friday we will be almost half way through our novel when we complete chapter 5:

Science

This week we will be continuing working with electric circuits and taking it to the next level by adding switches to control the flow of energy.  I’m also excited to try out our new ipad app that simulates electric circuits!

Social Studies

Students will begin working on a study of winter holidays celebrated by the many cultures in our area with a concentration on Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar