Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

The Weather Outside is Frightful, but the Learning in Room 11 is So Delightful!

December8

blog pic snowI hope you all enjoyed our first snowfall of the season!  I know my kids did!  We even got to go horseback riding in the snow!  While that was a pretty cool way to end the weekend, I’m afraid I may be suffering for the next few days with a nasty cold.  Don’t worry though, I will be here for the awesome activities planned this week!  For a preview of what we are going to be learning this week take a peek at our objectives below!

Math:

This week we will be continuing our work with fractions by comparing and ordering them on a number line.  Please take a peek at the video below to help preview or review this topic as it can be a bit tricky.

Ordering fractions: Finding common denominators of multiple fractions to order them

Reading:

We will be continuing our novel study of The Chocolate Touch this week.  In centers we will be defining new words, answering open ended questions, and comparing and contrasting the plot in The Chocolate Touch to that of King Midas and the Golden Touch.

Monday- Chapter 6  (Quiz Monday afternoon on Chapters 4-6)

Tuesday- Chapter 7

Wednesday- Chapter 8

Thursday- Chapter 9 ( I will upload this chapter when I get my voice back!  By the end of Chapter 8 I was barely whispering!)  Quiz Thursday afternoon on Chapters 7-9

Friday- Chapter 10 ( I will upload this chapter when I get my voice back!)

Also on Thursday and Friday I have built time into our schedule for students to work on their projects in class if necessary in the afternoons.

Finally we are going to sneak in some writing into a creative project this week!  Students will be applying to be elves in Santa’s workshop.  As part of the process they will need to fill out an application, prove creativity by designing a new toy, pass a math test by calculating the 12 Days of Christmas costs, and persuade Santa with a letter.  The Prezi below will help students to write a good perusasive letter.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar