Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

Mrs. Sinone’s Not Bummer Summer Challenge

judy moody

Welcome to 4th grade!  I’m hoping you have a super-rare-not-bummer-summer!  To help us prepare for next year, I’ve created a Not Bummer Summer Challenge.  In the book, Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer,  Judy and her friends planned an awesome, adventure, and fun-filled summer.  Unfortunately, her friends left her for trips to camp and family vacations.  Judy felt  very left out and predicted that her summer was ruined until, with some help from her aunt and brother, she realized she could have a Not Bummer Summer at home too.  I’m giving you the opportunity to earn some Cool Points this summer that you can use next year as extra credit on tests, towards ipad or computer time, or for other reward opportunities in class.  Here’s how you can earn your cool points:

1.  At least once a week draw a picture and write at least 1 paragraph about something awesome you did each week. ~10 cool points
  2. Read the book Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer and create a collage in your notebook of all pictures that would make your summer Super Rare! ~10 cool points.
  3. If you have internet access, Visit my Blog and click on the link for Moby Max and brush up on your skills!  Your user name is your first name and your password is also your first name (no caps) ~10 cool points for every badge you earn!
  4. Practice your multiplication time tables by having an adult or older sister or brother write problems in your notebook for you to solve. ~10 cool points.
  5. Visit a relative or neighbor and offer to help them with a chore.  Write about it or have the person you helped write what you did in your notebook ~10 cool points for each person you help.

Just like in the book and movie, keep your eyes peeled for me around town.  Find me and have me take our first 4th grade selfie and you earn 50 cool points!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t wait to get to work with each of you next year!  I hope you have an awesome summer and can’t wait to hear about all your super-rare fun times!

All Not Bummer Summer Journals are due back the first day of school!

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar