Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

Weekly Objectives- January 22-26

January22

Our Summer Camp Stars

Last week was super exciting for many of my students as they starred in the play, “Summer Camp.”  We were able to visit the PAC for the dress rehearsal, and I must say, I was impressed!  I hope that you had an opportunity to watch the performance this weekend.  This week is another short week, as teachers have an in-service on Friday.  There will be no school Friday for students.  Enjoy your three day weekend!  See below for updates on this week’s skills and events:

Choir starts this week on Monday, January 22nd.

Language Arts- This week we will be reading “Can’t You Make Them Behave, King George.”  Our focus skill for this story is Fact and Opinion.  Throughout this week students will work with the main text as well as guided reading texts to practice identifying and recording facts and opinions as they read.  Please see the vocabulary and spelling pages to review the words for the week! Selection test and Spelling test on Thursday!

Math- We will be working with plotting points on a coordinate grid this week.   The video below will demonstrate this skill for help with homework.

Social Studies- We will be identifying famous Spanish explorers this week as well as using elevation maps.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar