Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

Weekly Learning Targets for October 8-12

October8

Wow!  One week into October already?!  Where has the time gone?  We are learning so much!  Last week was a major test week. I already apologized to the kids that I will try to stagger better in the future!  We completed our first math unit, social studies chapter, and our 3rd Reading story!  This week we will be catching our breath and easing into our next units of study.

Reading:  This week we will be reading, “Double Dutch.”  Our target skill is sequencing important events.  This is actually two skills in one.  The first is picking out the important events in a story and the second is putting them in the correct order.   See below for a link to help your child practice this at home.

Writing:  We will be researching about legends this week to help us have a better understanding about the elements we need to be sure to include in our first major writing piece of the year.

Math:  This week we will begin working with expanded form and place value.  The video below will help you help your student make sense of this better.

Social Studies:  We are wrapping up our unit on Native Americans by creating totem poles this week.  This video helps to explain why they were used and their importance to the culture.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar