Cultivating Minds Without Losing My Own

Join me on my Adventures in Elementary Education

Welcome to 5th Grade at Elementary #2!

August22

Welcome to 5th grade! I am super excited to start the 2019-2020 school year off with my new group of students.  A little about me, this is my 18th year in education and 2nd full year here at Elementary #2.  Prior to teaching here, I taught at Millville Public Schools and served as an administrator at both the Millville and Vineland Charter Schools.  I have loved returning to my roots teaching and am happy to be doing that here in Middle Township.  In addition to teaching, my husband and I are raising a large, very active family.  I also try to incorporate many areas that I am passionate about (photography, art, writing, technology) into my class each year.

Each week I will post our weekly learning goals here on this blog on Sundays.  This will give both students and families the opportunity to preview the concepts for the week.  In addition, I will post helpful videos that students can reference throughout the week to assist with homework or studying.  Students will have homework Monday-Thursday.  Most nights that will consist of a Math Homelink and/or a grammar or spelling assignment.  If your child does not complete classwork, they may be asked to complete it at home to ensure they do not fall behind.

Special Schedule:

Monday- Gym

Tuesday- Music

Wednesday- Gym

Thursday- Art and Health

Friday- Library

I will be incorporating many elements of resiliency into our classroom.  We have a Zen Zone set up to help students when they are feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, or just need a minute of mindfulness.  We will also be incorporating breathing strategies and different techniques to help us gain and maintain focus.  5th grade is a big year!  It’s the last year of elementary school.  I feel it is my job to not only make this year a great one for those elementary memory books, but also to help your child prepare for middle school.  In saying that, the resiliency strategies we will be using are life-long tools to help students learn to cope and succeed.  I am looking forward to sharing more about this with you all at Back to School Night on September 10th!

Keep in touch throughout the year!!!!!  Communication between home and school is crucial for success!  Please feel free to email me at sinonec@middletwp.k12.nj.us and don’t forget to sign up for Remind to get “text” messages about important upcoming dates and assignments.  See the image below for directions:

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar